Tender, succulent and flavorful, this easy oven-roasted recipe comes out reliably perfect every time. Crispy fat, juicy meat – it’s wonderful!
SERVES: 12 PREP TIME: 20 mins COOKING TIME: 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Combine oil, ginger, three-quarters of the garlic, spices and 3 tsp sea salt in a bowl, rub all over lamb ribs and place in large baking trays. Cover tightly with foil. Roast until very tender (2-2 ½ hours). Cool slightly and cut into double ribs.
- Meanwhile, simmer honey, soy sauce, vinegar and remaining garlic in a saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to a glaze (10-15 minutes).
- Increase oven to 200°C. Place ribs on a baking tray lined with baking paper, brush with glaze and roast until sticky and glossy (15- 20 minutes).
- To make the crunchy slaw, toss ingredients in a bowl to combine and season to taste. Serve with lamb ribs and steamed rice, scattered with spring onion and sesame seeds.
- The ribs can be slow cooked a day ahead to make preparation easier, then the second part of the cooking is completed just before serving.
- This same flavours and slow cooking could be applied to lamb shanks, lamb shoulder and lamb neck.